January 14, 2018

What's Gordon Working On?

Toughbook 12/20/2017


Back in December, I outlined my writing and project docket for this first quarter of 2018. Even though we're less than a month into the New Year, I thought I would post an update into what I've accomplished...as well as some additional projects and to-do stuff because, let's face it, I have to stay accountable.
  • First, my panel proposals for C2E2, Oak Lawn Public Library Fan Fest, and DePaul Pop Culture Celebration have all been submitted, so now comes the waiting game....
  • I set up a Ko-Fi page for donations. Since I already run a Patreon for Chicago Doctor Who Meetup, I wanted to set up a different "tip jar" for my writing. If you're interested in supporting me, please visit http://ko-fi.com/gordondym
  • I've made some progress on putting together the animated pitch/bible - luckily, based on some research, it wasn't too hard. The graphic novel is all introductory material, so now it's just a matter of putting it all together...
  • Unfortunately, the AC adapter for my HP laptop died, so while I was waiting for a new one to arrive via eBay I revived Harvey, my Ubuntu Toughbook. After installing Linux Lite (because Xubuntu was way too slow), I have rechristened the Toughbook Lucille (a Leverage reference) and will be shopping for a new chip to increase its RAM. It's not my first laptop of choice...but I miss working with the Toughbook.
  • I've put in a pitch for one story, and working on two others that don't require pitches, and....
  • I've started doing "research" for both the one story pitch and the graphic novel proposal, plus....
  • I'm continuing to work on my presentation/speaker page for my website, which I can use (along with my online portfolio and LinkedIn profile) to market my freelance services
Although I haven't felt very productive lately (I've been fighting off the flu), I think I've managed to make some headway into my writing life...and yes, I'm hoping that continues into this blog.

No comments: